Arthritis can take the joy out of gardening. With the right tools from Simple Comforts and the right planning, you can create a garden you’ll enjoy and still able to take care of. To go along with your tools, you can also try these helpful tips and techniques to help make gardening with arthritis easier.
1) Use low-maintenance plants that require less care, such as perennials instead of annuals, especially in hard-to-reach areas of the garden.
2) Use ergonomic gardening tools to take the pressure off of your hands and wrists.
3) Wear gloves to protect hands from cold temperatures, and to cushion joints from tools.
4) When possible, use larger, stronger joints and muscles. For example, use palms instead of fingers to push or pull, and use arms or shoulders instead of hands to carry things.
5) Weed the garden after irrigating or rain, as moist soil makes it easier to pull weeds with less resistance.
Try out these tips for gardening with arthritis and with Spring right around the corner, Simple Comforts is offering huge discounts off our Gardening Category. Not only will you save, but with any purchase from our Gardening Category, you’ll receive a FREE Transplanter.